Sunday, January 8, 2012

We've Gotten to '12!

Some of us, more than others, have a hang-up about aging. As I see it, there is great celebration in aging if we can do it gracefully. To have lasted another year is awesome, considering all that could have happened to us in the last year or so. My gray hair is like a "badge of courage" as it increases yearly. To gain the wisdom of years is yet again awesome. To be deferred to by those who are younger and respect the "mileage" that I have amassed is great. I can now even be okay with someone responding to me with "yes, Ma'am". To have all the little ones who are friends of my grandchildren also call me Grandma is just fine. I never expect to attain the status that my mother had among friends and acquaintances of the community, but I do understand the pride she took in being known to all as Mema. I haven't relished the role of oldest female of the family, but I do love the recognition and affectionate response from the teenagers who defer to me and engulf me with their hugs and comments. So, I guess I'm "getting there" in a way.

All joking aside, it is nice to be able to start a new year. I read in the newspaper today about a lady who lived very gracefully to be 101 years old, 79 of those as a childless widow. I, therefore, find this a great opportunity to express my gratitude for a wonderful, large family and circle of friends that increases weekly. Hopefully my years will improve my grace!
Sara


H&C Feature of the Week: Embroidery Designs
At Heirlooms & Comforts this week we will feature our stock of Husqvarna Viking multi-formatted collections of embroidery designs ready for stitching out on your embroidery machine. Buy Husqvarna Viking Embroidery collections at 40% off this week (in-stock designs only). We have a variety of the newest and the best of these designs ready for your choosing. Notice that they are multi-formatted making them useable for all embroidery machines. Of course the best selections will sell first, so come by early in the week. 40% off=great savings.



Classes

At Heirlooms & Comforts classes are filling up rather rapidly. So, don't wait too long to choose the ones you want to take. Follow this link (www.heirloomsandcomforts.net) to see what is available. Then come by or call in to pay up for reserving your place in the class. Get a class supply list and save 10% at Heirlooms & Comforts when you purchase supplies from us that are on the teacher's listing of required supplies. Learn with the best!





Quilters of South Carolina
Are you familiar with the Quilters of South Carolina organization? Look at the web site for this group to see what great fun and learning this group of quilters has. There is always a large gathering in the spring and also a great retreat in the fall where South Carolinians learn from South Carolinians. On February 4, 2012 there is a planned Gathering of Quilters in District I of QSC being held in Williamston, SC not far from us. District I is the upstate counties and Carolyn Harris (chrrs@clemson.edu) is the Representative for this district. Send an email to Carolyn to learn the details and mark your calendar for a fun day with other quilters from our district.

No comments:

Post a Comment