Sunday, February 20, 2011

While quietly putterin' in my kitchen and sewing spot yesterday, I look out the window to see a young red-headed woodpecker methodically working away about four feet above ground on one of the maple trees in my yard. He sat on the side of the tree for some time hammering away in a manner not unlike, I think, the rat-a-tat way woodpeckers should do. I continued my indoor organization for a while, and the next time I looked out there was a squirrel upside down on the same tree in the same spot. As I look closer I saw that he was furiously licking the oozing sap that was glistening on the bark of the tree. Apparently the "sap is rising" as spring approaches and the woodpecker is accommodating the squirrel. Later in the day I worked a few minutes in my yard. There I inspected the maple tree and found a series of perfectly round holes big enough to accommodate a drinking straw and liquid is running slowly out and down the tree making black rivulets to the ground. I found daffodils in bloom and chrysanthemums "greening up". Just now I notice that there is activity in the bluebird house just beyond my window. And March hasn't happened yet.

We express our sympathy to Carolyn Harris, a teacher at Heirlooms and Comforts, at the death of her father David Martin.
Sara

H&C Feature of the Week: Nature Rhythms
At Heirlooms & Comforts this week we will feature the Nature Rhythms group of fabrics from Clothworks Textiles. This gorgeous group of neutral color fabrics has a surprise dollop of red in a few of the pieces. Otherwise, the group is composed of black, cream, taupe, and grey - unbelievably elegant. There is a free pattern available and it is not difficult to construct. Take a look at the sample that Barbara has sewn. You'll love it.



Money Back
At Heirlooms & Comforts for a limited time you can buy the Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond at our sale price and get a manufacturer's rebate of $500. This is unprecedented in the world of Husqvarna Viking and you really should take advantage of this while the time is right. Talk to us about a financing opportunity as well. Additionally, when you buy the Designer Diamond you can also buy the 5D Professional Embroidery Software at half off the MSRP for this product! Want another $500 off? Look below. Now we're talking!! This is BIG, my friend. This is BIG. See us soon for this deal.

Got Old Software?
Do you have some brand of embroidery software that is outdated or difficult to use? Trade in any brand, any condition software and get $500 off our current price of 5D Professional Embroidery Software. This offer cannot be combined with any upgrade discount. (4D to 5D does not qualify. Other discounts apply for upgrade.) Here is a limited time opportunity to move from that troublesome suite that you have been struggling with to the newest H-V version that makes the world of embroidery design fun, easier and almost instant. Come in soon to get full details.

No comments:

Post a Comment